Thursday, May 7, 2009

Meet Ginger & Hunter


Tonight I watched a young homeless mother open her heart as she let one of our Nomsa volunteers feed her precious baby boy. I watched as this volunteer had a smile across her face that was so beautiful, I had to stop and take a picture. 

(Volunteer: Ginger, with homeless baby boy, Hunter)

Nothing brings my heart more joy than when I see Jesus pouring out - when I see Jesus shining through - a broken person. 
(We're all broken, just in case you were wondering.) 
At the end of the night this beautiful woman, who's so passionate about serving Jesus and being His love, came up to me:
"Lee Anne, I was given a [gas station] gift card for helping out at the church, and [this mother with her two children and friend] need just one tank of gas to get to Deltona, where they will be stable again... Do you think I could use my gas card to get them home?" 
"Of course that's okay." I said, smiling. 
Her eyes filled with tears and she smiled from her heart and told me a story about a baby with the same name as this one she'd met tonight that was in her life previously. A baby that Jesus used her to love. 

He's using her again.

I've never been more excited about the things He's doing through the hands of these broken people that surround me, the things He's doing through Nomsa

He's truly amazing, in case you were wondering.

No comments: