Thursday, May 7, 2009

Darkness Becomes Day

"I woke up and wished that I was dead. 
With an achin' in my head, I lay motionless in bed...
... and the world spins madly on." 
-"The World Spins Madly On" by The Weepies

I woke up this morning and begged the morning light to stay away. 
I begged the day to leave me be, let me alone in my illness & misery.

Nonetheless, I have too much to do. 

Work, work, work, then the fun part. Nomsa had a community dinner tonight. We have a community dinner every Thursday night, but there was something special about tonight.

Maybe it's because I delegated all responsibilities and gave myself the opportunity to really talk with people. Maybe it's because I chose to go when everything in me screamed to stay home in bed. 

Whatever reason, I'm so glad. 

Joy filled my heart as the evening carried on.

I get to do what I love, more than anything. I get to live my passion every day.
I get to do life with people that I love, people that love me. I get faced with incredible challenges that I get to see Jesus overcome. 
I get to see people healed and redeemed.
I get to see people experience love... sometimes for the first time in their lives. 

There's nothing I'd rather be doing.
There's nowhere else I'd rather be. 

Sick and aching, my heart is singing. 
Broken and healing, my life is full of joy.

Thank you, Jesus, for healing my heart the way you do. 
Thank you, King, for setting me free.
Thank you, Holy Spirit, for igniting my passions.
Thank you, Yahweh, for giving me vision.
Thank you, Lord, for being my Provider.

"Even the darkness is not dark to you; 
the night is as bright as the day, 
for darkness is light with you."
- Psalm 139:12 

He keeps shining, through it all.


(My sweet, sweet, precious friends: Travis & Ed.)

No comments: