Thursday, March 6, 2008

Repentance changes EVERYTHING.

Just to straighten this out and answer the questions I keep getting asked - YES - there is a boy. Nothing official, nothing serious, it's complicated, and I am trying to make sure that I go about everything the right way, completely Christ-centered. 
((That's all the details for now.)) 

Like Shane Claiborne talks about... {In my BC days} I never felt like I really knew anyone who was REALLY a Christian. I mean, I thought this Jesus, if He were real, would cause more radical change... That He would effect everything, (EVERYTHING) about someone, shake them to their core. 

Now I know, that kind of radical change comes with surrender.

There are days when I will wake up and just wonder how I got to where I am, and who this strange person is that I have become/am becoming... and it's overwhelming. It's crazy to me. That I don't care about STUFF anymore, that I'm over my "American dream" lifestyle. (Not that I'm knocking that - whoever you are, I love you & respect what you're doing with your life - it's not as much what you do as who you are and how you do it!)

Anyway, I think one of the weirdest examples I have is that the other night, I watched Saw IV... and it bothered me. Like, disturbed my soul. Haha... And I used to LOVE those movies! ... And I was talking to Josh... I was telling him that this is so weird to me, to be so intensely different than I was... 

And he simply told me, repentance changes everything. Everything. This crazy man Jesus, who I've surrendered my all to, He's changed everything I ever thought that I was. 

It's not a religion, it's a relationship. It's a LIFE change. It's surrender. It's complete repentance in its' original meaning. I feel like that's Jesus. 

((((Not that you have to not like scary movies anymore, or vow off boys, or be poor, or do anything that I do, just what He leads you to do...))))

No comments: