Friday, March 7, 2008

What's Your Cause?

I don't know where to begin. Complacency? Validity? Insecurity? Grace? I have so many ramblings to share, maybe not to share... Because I think people would have to want to hear it for it to be something shared... Nonetheless, here I am... I think that I have so much to go on right now. AH! 

I met these guys from Food Not Bombs. They're anarchists. They've donated food to me, offered me their kitchen to cook in, their food and spices, etc to use.

I think the best way to show that you are truly about a cause is when it's not just your OWN cause... The fact that these awesome 'anarchist' kids came and are loving on, supporting, and helping my 'cause'... despite our different views, despite the religious differences... Shows me that they truly care. Their hearts are broken for my amazing homeless friends, also.

Last night at our Thursday night thing... (What should I call it - Love Feeds? Love Shares? Anything equally cheesy?) I shared my testimony. More people stuck around to have prayer and listen to people than normally, and it was awesome. 

I was so nervous to tell all of these people, (including my anarchist food not bombs friend), about who I am, and most importantly, who God is to me... My Saviour and Redeemer; my Lover. 

What is your cause? What is mine? I feel that if it is not something that's global... If you're not ready to join those doing the same thing or trying to help the same things, is it really a cause? --- My words are scrambled but I hope my point comes across.

No comments: