Saturday, February 16, 2008

No greater love.

"In this life we can do no great things. We can only do small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Few of you know my story, know my past, know my secrets. The amazing ways God has shown me His redeeming Love... 

My mom and I never really had a great relationship until about 3 years ago. Walls broke down, and truth started taking place. Love.

I've been down in the dumps lately. Though I'd do all I could to keep anyone from seeing it, that's almost not worth the effort... And I finally figured out that the reason I'm scared of letting people see my hurt, see my sadness, is because I'll be hurt if they see and do not care.

My mom sensed. My mom figured it out, and she took the day off of work yesterday. We went to a movie I'd been wanting to see. We went shopping. We told stories and laughed together. She knew just what it would take to cheer me up, and she did it. She showed me great love through small things... 

God answered yet another prayer. I cried out to be embraced and cared for, to have love poured into me, as I'm beginning to feel so empty... And He did just that. This tiny thing, of this day with my Mom, made a great difference to me. 
Thank you, Lord. And thank you, Mom. <3 


This is dedicated to my mom n dad, (an old photo, mind you, but still)...

No comments: