Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Love is an Action

Not a day goes by that I don't get asked what NOMSA stands for... Because it MUST BE an acronym, right?  
I don't mind.  I get to share the story, I get to remember the way it felt to be given an African name, I get to remember the way it felt to be called that name, and to find out what it meant myself.  
"Nomsa means open heart" 
That's pretty much a guaranteed thing I hear and say almost everyday.  

What's in a name?  I think it's so important. 
The title of a blog post, if only judged by the title, needs to be intriguing enough to draw someone in to read the rest of the post.  

So what's in THIS name?
What of, "Love is an Action"?
Why? 

This is what I believe.  
It's my mantra, if you will.  
If I put that thought - that belief - into action, everything changes.  

No comments: