Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hate, Hope, & what lies between.

Hate devastates my heart.

Our curse is the disconnection from authentic Love. 
We're not living sacrificial lives. Everything is done self-servingly. 
Hate causes pain, pain causes hate.
It's a vicious cycle that only destroys everything in its path. 

I can't begin to grasp the pain his mom's eyes as she'll bury her beloved young man.
I can't imagine the sorrow his dad felt as he watched him go, helplessly.
I can't fathom the heartache of his brother & sister, and their lives without him.

Hate so swiftly evaporates the beauty He has created us all to be. 

I can't stand to think of how the families of the murderers must feel. Disappointment, shame, guilt, fear, unconditional love? 

I can't wrap my heart around how hurt ABBA must be to constantly see one son killing another. 

My heart breaks for the families, aches for the chaos.
My heart hopes for His perfectly healing redemptive love.


I'm so sorry that your life was cut so short. 

 
I'm so sorry for your tremendous & devastating loss. 

I hope that you can take comfort in the loving arms of your Father, as impossible as that may seem in such a time as this. 

Rest In Peace, beloved, son, brother, friend: Ethan. (You'll never be forgotten.)

No comments: