Monday, April 14, 2008

Sea Spiders

 was thinking to myself that I want so desperately to just be so in love with Jesus that everything else just fades away...

Like, fades out of focus. That ALL I see is HIM. 

But then I realized that's not what I want at all.

I want to see everything all around me, I want to see the people who are trying to hurt me. I want to see the people who are trying to take instead of give. I want to see ALL of the pain and hurt and anguish. 

I want to see it ALL more vibrantly. 

I want to see all of those things with His eyes.
& Love them with His Heart. 

I want to see the clouds and the grass and the trees, and feel the wind and see smiles, and just glorify Him all the more. I want to be so in love with Him... that the love songs on the radio give me chills thinking about my precious Saviour & Redeemer. 

My Lover. My Friend. My Jesus.

I was watching planet earth last night on my sister's big screen HD blu-ray... whatever... and there was this weird little sea spider thing...
My first thought was, ICK! Followed immediately by... "HE is so awesome." (Which I said out loud without thinking.) 

I thought back to this Passion conference this weekend and to one of my favorite passages of Scripture (Matt 5:16) that says to let men see our lights shining and praise our Father in Heaven.

Right... So if this awful looking, soul-less, simple-minded creature at the bottom of the sea (whom no-one would ever see if it weren't for the discovery channel) makes me praise God in all His glorious splendor... 

Should I not be doing so for the brilliant, intellectual, unique, beautiful, splendid individuals all around me? 

Should I not cause other people to react, "HE is so awesome." 

That's what I strive for.
That's what it should be. 
That's what I'm called to be. 

Hence the tattoo I've been talking about for months now. 

I found a new band I like. Snow Patrol. 

Open Your Eyes. 

<3 

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Sometimes you have to die in order to appreciate what it is to truly live. 

Fall, in order to appreciate balance.

Scream, to value silence.

Cry, to understand a smile. 

Love, to alleviate hate.

No comments: