Monday, March 10, 2008

Flawed.

Status tonight - David Miller - was DEAD ON with what I've been thinking lately. Struggling with, rather. 

I mean, if you haven't noticed a theme in my 'notes'... Validity, Insecurity, etc... I have been having trouble with my self-worth, self-esteem, self-anything, really. And the root of that problem is that it's based on other people.

I've been stressing about whether or not this boy thinks I'm pretty or sweet or whatever, or whether these people want to hang out with me, or these people think I'm genuine or real, or these other people think I'm smart... etc...

That's not ok. 

Tonight at Status, David talked about how we shouldn't get this from people, but rather what does He say about us? 

And here's the thing, if I were to describe myself, the best I could do is probably to say 'flawed.' Flawed. Imperfect, worthless, etc... 

But my Jesus says that I am loved, justified, redeemed, accepted, beautiful, captivating, His Beloved, and so much more...

And as we worshiped tonight and I thought of my self-whatever (and the lack thereof), and what I need to repent of, I heard His gentle whisper in my heart again...

A verse from Song of Songs (that I didn't even know that I knew...) 

"You are altogether beautiful, my love, there is no flaw in you."

He says this... Who am I to take anyone else's (including my own) opinion over His? 

Not to mention, do I have 2-3 people who agree with the rubbish stuff I put on myself? Hmmm.

No comments: