Monday, February 11, 2008

Smiling > Not Smiling

I wrote this amazing note and accidentally erased it. BOO. I can't remember all of it, but I'll try again... I've decided to type some of my journal entries here sometimes. Today will be one of those...

My doorbell rang today, and my Mom answered it (my Dad and I were busy doing taxes) and there stood my 6 year old neighbor, Tanner. He'd brought me a gift, he handed my Mom a pink smiley face bouncy ball. Made me smile pretty big. :)

As I drove home from Status tonight, I was singing African worship songs. I was crying tears of joy as I sang thanks to my precious Jesus... "Jabulani" = Rejoice. (In Zulu.) 

Yesterday I went to Home Sweet Homeless's Potluck. AWESOME. I took my mom who wore her 1980 visor. At least it wasn't a fanny pack. She got to meet the guys she's been praying for with me. Again, awesome. :)



"Jesus is the truth that must be shared." - Mother Teresa.

I made some pretty huge decisions today that will be significantly effecting my future... I'm excited & overjoyed, nervous & anxious... 

I have spent a lot of time here in Orlando feeling overwhelmingly alone, and in retrospect I see that God's really using that in my life... I don't know at what point exactly I became this strange person I've become, but I'm thankful that He's ever busy growing me more towards Him... 

Last but certainly not least, I am so thankful for the precious girls I met this week, my "Rubies": Lori, Madeleine, Sarah, Ruthie, Candace, Dana, Ashley, Annie...

No comments: