Monday, June 29, 2009

ReDefine

What words are in your vocabulary that ought to be verbs?

The one that comes to mind most frequently for me is love.

As I was writing a letter to Jesus this morning...
(And before you think I'm being braggy, let me just tell you... it's the first in too long a while.)

Anyway, as I was writing a letter to Jesus this morning I wrote a very incomplete sentence. It was lacking a verb...
As I reread it, I realized this, and almost crossed the sentence out...
(Because, of course, Jesus won't understand what I mean unless it's at least close to proper grammar).

Just then, I realized, as with everything else in my life, my vocabulary needs to be redefined.

Simple words that have been outside your being for as long as you've known, that come to life and become part of you, shift the way you think and view the world...

What if beauty ceases to be a thing to be observed and is rather, a thing to be lived; a thing to be experienced?

What if love ceases to be something you have, and begins to be something you live?

The way you see the world changes.
When the world around you changes, you can't help but begin to make changes, yourself, to the world around you.

Take a look at what's around you today, and see what you can redefine, what you take advantage of as something stationary, outside yourself...

Then, ask Him to redefine it.
I guarantee He has a better definition than any we know or could ever imagine.

No comments: