Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Suggestions, please.

To be in a place where I can write well, I must read more.
I love everything about reading. I love knowledge for the sake of knowledge, I live to pursue truth.
I love the smell of a new book as you flip through the pages, and the first time you open the cover, pressing it back so that you can become familiar with its content. 

I need a good book to read.
For the last two years, I feel like I've only read sermon books. 
Many such books sit on my shelf now, waiting to be read. Books that will tell me about this post modern, emerging, whatever church we are experiencing: how to live it, love it, understand and change it. Books that want to tell me how to live according to The Way, talk about who Jesus is, or what living and loving Jesus should look like. (All good things.) 

I was created to be part of a story, to live, tell, and breathe it in.
I want to be invited in as the writer not only tells a story, but paints a picture of His beauty in a relatable way, making Him real, knowable, lovable. 
A story that makes me fall more in love with Jesus because I've seen a side of Him I may not have realized before. 

I read Redeeming Love (Francine Rivers) - phenomenal, loved it... Perfect example.
I also just finished The Shack (William P Young) - again, amazing example of just such a story.

Just as I come alive when I write, I am stirred and revived when I read. 



Suggestions? 

No comments: