Monday, October 13, 2008

Naive Ambition.

My heart in this thing...
is to see homelessness come to an end in this country.

Resources are necessary.
Nothing I'm doing right now is creating sustainable life change.
Yes, community is necessary. & beautiful.
Relationships and showing Jesus' love is essential.

But what about long term?

I want our community house.
I want our career training programs.
I desire to see sustainability.
I want more stories like Peter's.
I want the kids who hold the keys to my heart to grow up learning, living, loving.

This thing, this problem of perpetual homelessness, has a solution.
I aim to see it through.
He's given me this heart, this vision, these goals, and I know I can trust Him to provide.

Patience, trust, wisdom, love. Necessary things to see this come to life.

His promise is hope and future. Not just for you. Not just for me. But for my friends who don't smell so nice that will shiver on the streets tonight.

Right now, blankets, food, clothes, and community are things that are within reach for us to make happen.

& sometime soon, the rest of our hopes will take flight. The dreams will become reality, and we'll see a dent in this problem.

Maybe it's naive ambition to say that we can see homelessness come to an end in America. Or maybe it's sincere trust in His awesome grace & love.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.nomsa.org

No comments: