Monday, June 2, 2008

Ice Skating

Yesterday, I went ice skating with a friend... 
I fell, twice. (Awesome falls, I might add.) 
I was told that I'm good at falling.

Today - those simple words that I laughed off are echoing in my heart. 
I'm good at falling.

Maybe so. 
Yes, that's the case - I'm good at falling.

BUT, He's faithful to pick me up. 
He lifts me up when I've fallen. 

And as I thought about that for a moment yesterday, I wanted to say, but I don't fall more often than I do... I catch myself before I can fall and regain my balance.

Hmm. 

I could've so easily fallen this weekend. But I didn't. 

It was all about the confidence - the faith - that I am not defined by my previous falls, but rather, in that I'm not still on the ground - that I've gotten up, and I keep going... 

Trusting that if I do fall, He's there to pick me up.

Today, my life is like, ice skating. 


Thank you, Jesus that I am yours and I am free.

No comments: