Sunday, May 11, 2008

>Squeeze<

I've been feeling really left out of things lately.
Offended or hurt that some people haven't asked me to this or that...
Even if I know I can't go, it's in the asking, right?!

Ridiculous.

I had an hour on friday, and I called my dad (since he was on this side of town), and asked him to meet for dinner.
As we met and talked a little, just before we were leaving, and I was saying, I really have to run...
He asked that I not squeeze him in between things, not that he doesn't want to see me, but that he'd prefer to have time with me that I wasn't always on the run.

I thought about that.
I wonder if everyone in my life feels that way. Because I try to make the MOST of my time, all the time, I'm always going, ok, great to see you, got to run...

Would it be better if I spent more quality time with fewer people?
I can't decide.

I feel like too many of my relationships are surface level.

I need to be challenged and inspired by those that are close to me.
And I feel alot like I'm the one challenging, I'm the one calling if we are to hang out...

I need to be fulfilled in knowing that I am pursued by HIM, and stop worrying about worth from people.

Why is this my constant battle?

No comments: