Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Liberation

I think I can finally let go.
I think I can finally stop hating myself. 
For those of you who know me well, you know that I have always been ridiculously insecure. 
I think I can really let go of that. Not that I will look in the mirror and be overjoyed with what I see... 

I was having a conversation with someone this morning, and was really disrespected in something that was said. I responded by saying that I don't deserve that.

I stood up for myself. Because I don't deserve that. 

And I've done this a few times in the last couple of weeks. I think I can really, finally let go of all this insecurity stuff, (before it destroys all the relationships in my life.) 

Jesus, even though I might not have the strength to give this to you, please take it from me. Give me your strength to overcome this insecurity in my life. Help me to see me how You see me, to embrace all of your grace instead of push it away because I am undeserving. Show me, Jesus, my true beauty - what in my life is You. 
Deliver me from the bondage that is all of this shame and hate that is the overwhelming burden of insecurity I constantly battle. 
Set me free, my King. 
Let it be true. (Amen.)

No comments: