Sunday, March 30, 2008

Captivated

Prayer makes things happen, because He makes things happen.

People will joke that you ought to be careful what you pray for, because it might just happen...

If you pray for patience, you will be put in situations that will teach you that. If you pray for God's heart to love people, be prepared to be broken. If you memorize and pray over that passage in James that says "Count it all joy when you meet trials of various kinds, because the testing of your faith produces steadfastness..."... be prepared to face trials where you will have to strive to see the joy... 

I say these things because that's what He's brought me through. 

He is so good, and everything that's good in and around me is Him. It's just Jesus. He's grace and mercy and hope and love. 

He's my precious Redeemer, and He's ransomed me. 

He's set me free, and captivated me in doing so.

When I don't have the strength to carry on, when I am run down, worn out, messed up, sick, He carries me.

I'm weak, but He's strong. I'm down, but He's up. I'm discouraged, but He is courage. I'm broken, but He's the healer. I'm hurt, but He's love. I'm lost, but He rescues me. I'm nothing, but He's everything. 
He's truth, love, courage, grace, mercy, compassion, strength, good, wise, mighty, so much more.


Song of Songs 4:7. Matthew 5:14-16. James 1:2-7. 1 John 3:16-18. 1 John 4:18. Captivated - Shawn Mcdonald

No comments: